Most of the people in the market buy graphics card for gaming. Only professionals buy the high end GPU like the Nvidia Geforce Titan X or GTX 1080. Nvidia Quadro is for serious professional for AutoCAD, Maya etc. Most PC users don’t want to invest a lot just for gaming. To help everyone we have compiled the list of best budget graphics card in Nepal under Rs 20,000. This list was provided by Ocean Computer at Baghdurbar, Kathmandu. This demographic wants to play new games in HD resolution with low to medium settings. There are few hardcore gamers in Nepal who buy high end expensive graphics card and desktop system. The market of Nepal and India is shifted towards Laptop these days. People buy Laptop instead of desktop due to power-cut issues and portability.
In our view, desktop is the best answer for power demanding users. Intel says that their future CPU will remove the need of dedicated GPU. But the graphics card industry is also growing robust in same way. These days cryptography study and tests rely more in new GPU. They are very much powerful and cheap too.
All gamers, graphics designers and computer enthusiasts need a good graphics card. We have considered and studied the demand of Nepali market. Thus, we have listed the best budget hardware you can buy to enjoy your computer. We roamed a lot in the market and couldn’t find good collection of graphics card. Either they had the lowest end or the most expensive one. Shop keepers don’t even know the series, properties or their requirements.
Read More: Latest Desktop Price in Nepal
Our experts have tested a lot of desktop PC and laptop graphics card. We have experienced and played games with GPU such as Nviidia Geforce 7200GS, 9400GT, 9500GT, GT 210, 520, 610, GTX 840M, 820M, 755M SLI etc. Our biggest agendas were to play games, edit video using Adobe Premiere Pro and watch 4k videos.
Requirements: Most of the graphics cards that we recommend won’t need external power source. These cards work fine just on the PCI Express X16 slot of the motherboard. It is true that once your graphics is upgraded your computer properties need to upgrade as well. In this case, we are trying to minimize it or avoid it. We recommend to have below listed minimum properties for best results.
- 4 GB RAM
- 500 GB HDD
- Dual Core processor or Quad core processor(Better)
- 500 Watts Power Supply(Higher is better)
These are the best cards you can buy in the market. We will start from the cheapest to help our users.
1) ATI Radeon 5450: It has 1 GB DDR3 memory at 1334 MHz frequency. There are VGA, HDMI and DVI connectors available. The maximum retail price of ATI Radeon 5450 in Nepal is Rs 4400. It is an old GPU but it can help you deliver some good power. This card can play good old games like Mafia 2 and Modern Warfare 3 with ease.
2) Nvidia Geforce GT 210: We used this card for 2 years and played GTA 4, Episodes from Liberty city and many more demanding games. The 210 from MSI comes with 1 DDR3 memory but at 1000 MHz clock. It uses Military Class concept high quality capacitors and has all three types of display output such as VGA and HDMI. The Geforce 210 costs Rs 4600 in the market.
3) Geforce GT 520: This is the next stop after the 210. It has updated specs and better power. We managed to play Witcher 3 in low settings with this graphics card in our desktop. It looks just like the other entry level cards in terms of design. Its approximate price is Rs 5200.
4) Geforce GT 610: It is a bit updated next generation version of the 520. The performance is just a bit more than its predecessor. We actually suggest to always get the newer generation if possible. Its MRP in Nepali market is Rs 6500.
5) Nvidia Geforce GT 710: The 700 series of Nvidia is very popular in the market. This is much better version than other previous listed GPUs. The 2 GB MSI GT 710 has 1600 MHz memory clock and 954 MHz core clock. This can play GTA 5 at mid to high settings with a good CPU. It is priced at Rs 6900.
6) Geforce GT 730: Higher the number, better the performance. This is better and expensive hardware than the 710. Previous years there were GT 630 in the market. GT 730 can play Witcher 3 at medium settings. The 2 GB models costs Rs 10800 and the 4 GB version costs Rs 13500. It has 1800 MHz memory core and 800 MHz Core frequency.
7) Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI: The GTX always symbolizes high range graphics card in Nvidia family. GTX 750 Ti is the best budget range graphics card to buy right now in Nepal. The 2 GB version costs Rs 18500 in the market. It can run almost all games in medium to high settings. You can enjoy smooth 4K playbacks, faster video rendering and great gaming experience.
Suggestion and Conclusion
These are entry to medium range GPU available in the market. These graphics card only work best when they get appropriate system otherwise their performance is bottle-necked. Our suggestion is to have a decent processor and sufficient amount of RAM.
Please buy the latest graphics card you can afford and always update your drivers. Geforce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are the most amazing graphics card to buy right right. They have the latest architecture and very good performance. MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 costs Rs 26500 in Nepal.