Most of the people in the market buy graphics card for gaming. Only professionals buy the high end GPU like the Nvidia Geforce Titan X, GTX 1080 Ti and RTX 2080 Ti. Nvidia Quadro is meant for serious professional for AutoCAD, Maya etc. Most PC users don’t want to invest a lot just for gaming. To help everyone we have compiled the list of best budget graphics card in Nepal around Rs 20,000. This list was provided by Ocean Computer Pvt. Ltd. at Baghdurbar, Kathmandu. This demographic wants to play new games in HD resolution with low to medium settings. There are few hardcore gamers in Nepal who buy high end expensive graphics card and desktop system. In our view, desktop is the best answer for power demanding users. Intel says that their future CPU will remove the need of dedicated GPU.
But the graphics card industry is also growing robust in same way. All gamers, graphics designers and computer enthusiasts need a good graphics card. We have considered and studied the demand of Nepali market. Thus, we have listed the best budget hardware you can buy to enjoy your computer. We roamed a lot in the market and couldn’t find good collection of graphics card. Either they had the lowest end or the most expensive one.
Read More: Latest Desktop Price in Nepal
Most of the graphics cards that we recommend won’t need external power source. These cards work fine just on the PCI Express X16 slot of the motherboard. Sometimes just a graphics card can totally change gaming performance of a computer system. Your computer should at least have a reasonably powerful CPU to support the graphics card so it doesn’t bottleneck. We recommend to have below listed minimum properties for best results.
- 4 GB RAM
- Dual Core processor or Quad core processor(Better)
- 450 Watts Power Supply(Higher is better)
Our experts have tested a lot of desktop PC and laptop graphics card. We have experienced and played games with many video cards such as Nvidia Geforce 7200GS, 9400GT, 9500GT, GT 210, 520, 610, GTX 840M, 820M, 755M SLI, GTX 1060, GTX 1050 Ti etc. Our biggest agendas were to play PC games, edit video using Adobe Premiere Pro and watch high resolution videos. We also searched for AMD Radeon RX graphics cards and asked dealers. It seems that there is no or very less demand. People choose Nvidia graphics card over AMD in Nepal.
Read More: High End Graphics Cards price in Nepal
List of Best Budget Graphic Card in Nepal
The expensive GTX 1050 Ti are for people who can afford a bit more. In foreign countries GTX 1060 3 GB is taken as sweet spot but it is quite expensive in Nepal. These are the best cards you can buy in the market. We will start from the cheapest to help our users.
|Nvidia Geforce GT 210 1 GB||Rs 3000|
|MSI Geforce GT 710 2 GB||Rs 7920|
|Nvidia Geforce GT 730 4 GB||Rs 8000|
|Geforce GT 1030 2 GB Aero ITX||Rs 15000|
|GTX 750 TI 2 GB||Rs 15500|
|RX 550 Aero ITX||Rs 22200|
|MSI GTX 1050 2G OC||Rs 24600|
|GTX 1050 2GT OC||Rs 27000|
|GTX 1050 Ti Aero ITX||Rs 31800|
|Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GT OC||Rs 33600|
|GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G||Rs 34800|
These above given graphics card will provide optimum value for money but they are expensive compared to US market. We have listed few GPU available in Nepal below. They also provide good performance and they are easily available also.
Overview of the Cards
1) Geforce GT 730: Higher the number, better the performance. This is better and expensive hardware than the 710. Previous years there were GT 630 in the market. GT 730 can play Witcher 3 at medium settings. It has 1800 MHz memory core and 800 MHz Core frequency.
2) GTX 750 TI: This is a legendary card that can still pull off great gaming. It can run almost all games in medium to high settings for 720p. You can enjoy smooth 4K playbacks, faster video rendering and great gaming experience.
3) GT 1030: Geforce 1030 is a very good option for gamers in tight budget. This card can provide great 720p gaming and decent 1080p. It consumes less power and can be found in low profile as well for pre-built systems.
4) GTX 1050/ 1050 TI: These are best card to buy in the market right now. Both of these GPU can provide exciting and flawless 1080p gaming experience. Players can get around 50-60 FPS at mid to high settings even with latest titles. Our recommendation is GTX 1050 if you have less budget and 1050 TI if you can afford. For the price being RX 550 offers better value than GT 1030 if you want some thing cheaper than normal GTX 1050 Ti in Nepal.
Older but Popular Video Cards
People still buy older models because they can still do the work needed. Some people just need a card to connect a monitor with HDMI. Some just buy for home media and entertainment setup. While some use them for setting up multiple monitors. Still these products can give good performance for gaming in lower resolution.
1) Geforce GT 520: This is the next stop after the 210. It has updated specs and better power. We managed to play Witcher 3 in low settings with this graphics card in our desktop. It looks just like the other entry level cards in terms of design.
2) Geforce GT 610: It is a bit updated next generation version of the 520. The performance is just a bit more than its predecessor. We actually suggest to always get the newer generation if possible.
3) Nvidia Geforce GT 710: The 700 series of Nvidia is very popular in the market. This is much better version than other previous listed GPUs. The 2 GB MSI GT 710 has 1600 MHz memory clock and 954 MHz core clock. This can play GTA 5 at medium settings with a good CPU.
Suggestion and Conclusion
We know that graphics card improves gaming performance and video playback. It can also provide more outputs for different displays. In many tests video editors have found that having a graphics card improves performance by huge percentage. If gaming is your primary goal then we always recommend you to invest in good graphics card because only they make a big difference. Some suggestions are GTX 1060 6 GB and GTX 1070 Ti for superior 1080p and 1440p gaming.
These are entry to medium range GPU available in the market. These graphics card only work best when they get appropriate system otherwise their performance is bottle-necked. Our suggestion is to have a decent processor and sufficient amount of RAM. Our choice is GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1050 for the best performance. These work great on any type of system. GT 1030 is also a very good choice for the budget consumers.