The most interesting phones are always in the mid-range segment. People who want a bit more extra but also want to save money get phones in this range. This is one of the biggest market tiers right now. Thus Samsung and many other companies are focused on this. There is a substantial group of people who love and use mid-range smartphones because with a reasonable price and feature they offer. Many phones give almost high-end specs and that is satisfying. Our goal is to provide information and this is our list of price of mid range Samsung mobile phones in Nepal.
The budget range phones run well with all minimum and necessary things. But midrange has the specifications that is required by the time. They always offer more and better features. It is always mainly camera and display. Since the past few years, the Nepali market is showing the interest in the mid-range segment. This is because people want the best technology they can afford. Not everyone can but flagship phones and for them, Samsung has a lot of offerings.
Samsung has a few different lineups of phones to offer. They mainly cater to this market with their best A series phones. They have been pushing A series since 2015 in Nepal. This lineup is now more refreshed with better and important improvements. People love the phones of this family. They have always kept the iconic design and best display which gives them a plus point. This section always gets more attention and updates. So, here is the price list
Samsung Mid Range phone Price List
|Galaxy A9||Rs 43,990|
|Galaxy A7 (2018)||Rs 30,990|
|Galaxy M40||Rs 36,190|
|Galaxy A70||Rs 47,990|
|Galaxy A50||Rs 31,490|
|Galaxy A30||Rs 25,990|
|Galaxy A6+||Rs 30,490|
|Galaxy A6||Rs 24,490|
|Galaxy J8||Rs 27,390|
Samsung has been now focusing on the new series of A phones. They are more upgraded and also feature new design fashion. They all offer large screens with smaller bezels. The chin and forehead are smaller with a notch at the top. Some phones have Infinity U while some and Infinity V notch. Galaxy A80 has a new infinity display with a rotating camera. They all are ways to provide more screen real estate and losing big forehead plus chin. Many people are fine with notches and they are embracing it. These new phones also now come with better hardware and camera. Samsung has improved its spec sheet in order to get into the competition.
Samsung Galaxy A9
This is Samsung’s first phone with 4 back cameras. Each module has its own use and benefit. We reviewed it back when it came and it was an amazing experience. This phone is a great device with brilliant design and camera. Its specifications are as follows.
- 6.3″ Super AMOLED screen with 1080×2220 screen resolution
- 3800 mAh Lithium Ion battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC
- 6 GB RAM and 64 GB Storage/ 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage options
- 24 Megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 24 Megapixel f/1.7, 10 Megapixel f/2.4, 8 Megapixel f/2.4 and 5 Megapixel f/2.2 cameras on the rear side
The main camera set has 24 MP wide angle, 10 MP telephoto, 8 MP ultra wide and 5 MP depth-sensing camera modules. All these give different results and make photography very unique on this phone. The Galaxy A9 also has slightly faster charging. It can also support 512 GB micro SD card. Ultrawide shots are the best new addition to mobile photography in our view. There is 8 GB RAM model in the international market but is not available in Nepal though.
This phone comes with a very big screen, massive battery, optical in-display fingerprint sensor, triple cameras, and powerful processor. This is a very good from Samsung under the Rs 50,000 price point. It is a very well balanced phone in all ways. The specifications are listed below.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC
- 4500 mAh Lithium Polymer battery with 25 W fast charging
- 6.7 Inches Super AMOLED display at 1080×2400 resolution
- 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage with 512 Gigabyte memory card support
- 32 Megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 32 Megapixel f/1.7, 8 Megapixel f/2.2 and 5 Megapixel f/2.2 cameras at the back side
The Galaxy A70 has Snapdragon 675 which is octa-core processor but it is slightly different than Snapdragon 660 of A9 2018. In the SD675, there is a 1.7 GHz hexacore set and 2 GHz dual-core set. But in SD 660 there are two 2.2 GHz and 1.8 GHz quad-core sets. This is a very big difference in processor architecture and ultimately this leads to performance difference.
The 32 MP rear camera in A70 is wide angle, 8 MP is ultra wide and 5 MP one is for depth measurement. There is a 4500 mAh battery which is huge and there is 25W charging as well. This can fill the battery in a small time. It takes at least 1 hour to fill battery of this size. This phone also supports 512 GB storage but it is very hard to find original high-quality micro SD cards.
The A50 is another popular mid-range phone that provides the best value hardware. In our view, Galaxy A50 is the best value phone right now in this category. It provides all the goodness of Samsung with a pretty great camera, large display, new software, and a big battery. Have a look at the specifications to get an idea.
- Exynos 9610 Octa Core SoC
- 4000 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery with 15W Fast charging
- 6.4″ SAMOLED panel with 1080×2340 screen resolution
- 4/6 GB RAM
- 64/128 GB Onboard storage
- 25 Megapixel f/2.0 front shooter
- 25 Megapixel f/1.7, 8 Megapixel and 5 Megapixel f/2.2 rear side cameras
The Exynos 9610 has two 2.3 GHz and 1.7 GHz quad-core sets to make for 8 cores. As usual, the 25 MP main camera is wide angle, 8 MP is an ultrawide sensor and final 5 MP is for depth. This chipset focuses on photography with new DSP and AI. This chip is capable of recording 4K 120 fps videos but the phone is capped for 1080p 30 fps only. It is a part where Samsung can improve by unlocking 4K and 1080p 60 fps.
This phone sits just below the A50 with a small difference in pricing and hardware. There isn’t much of a difference except processor and camera. The specs given below should shed some light on the differences. We have only listed hardwares that are different than A50.
- Exynos 7904 SoC
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB onboard storage
- 16 Megapixel f/2.0 front side camera
- 16 Megapixel f/1.7 and 5 Megapixel f/2.2 rear side cameras
In this, we see different chipset and this Exynos 7904 has 1.6 GHz hexacore and 1.8 GHz dual-core set. The 16 MP main camera is wide angle and 5 MP one is ultrawide. Samsung made a wise decision by using ultrawide instead of a depth-sensing camera. This is much more useful for everyone. Portrait and Live Focus can be improved by software by wide-angle optics can’t be done that way. Exynos 7904 is capable of 1080p 120 fps videos but Galaxy A30 can only record 1080p 30 fps videos.
Galaxy A6 and A6+
Both of these are now the older generation phone. They are still available in the market though. In our view, we recommend purchasing A30 instead of A6 and purchasing A50 instead of A6+. The new phones definitely give greater value in all parts compared to older phones. The specs of Galaxy A6+ are given below.
- 6″ SAMOLED display with 1080×2220 screen resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC with 1.8 GHz octa-core processor
- 3/4 GB RAM
- 32/64 GB Storage
- 3000 mAh Lithium Ion battery
- 24 Megapixel f/1.9 selfie camera
- 16 Megapixel f/1.7 and 5 Megapixel f/1.9 rear side cameras
Below we have the specifications of the Galaxy A6. Only the different hardware are listed below.
- Exynos 7870 SoC with 1.6 GHz octa-core processor
- 5.6″ Super AMOLED Display with HD+ resolution at 720×1480
- 16 Megapixel f/1.9 front camera
- 16 Megapixel f/1.7 main camera at the back
Both phones have the same battery size. It is also not enough for that 6″ screen. They both come with the same RAM and storage option. The screen sizes are different and the camera is also different. A6+ has dual cameras at back and stronger selfie camera. The A6+ has 5 MP depth sensing module but A6 doesn’t have any such sensor. In contrast, the competing A30 has an ultra-wide camera and provides a better result.
Purchase Advice and Conclusion
Our list of Price of mid range Samsung mobile phones shows that the company is now playing according to peoples demand. They have covered a lot of bases. They improved the chipset selection, camera, design, and increased screen plus battery size. The battery size increment is most noticeable with fast charging support. Cameras are also radically changed. Almost all phones have ultrawide shooting capability. Even the cheaper M series offers that. Selfie cameras are also better with more pixel and higher resolution.
There is still room for improvement in chipset selection and camera unlocking. Samsung uses very good Exynos chips capable of recording videos in very high resolution. We hope they unlock it and give us full potential. This can definitely attract more people into Samsung phones because the number of creators and videography enthusiasts is increasing. If we are to give advice on purchasing a new smartphone, we would suggest you pick new phones only.
Our best pick is Galaxy A50 among all for the price being. Then we choose Galaxy A30 as it also gives great value for money. The Samsung Galaxy A70 is recommended for people who need a gigantic battery, big screen and faster chip for games, movie watching, entertainment, and photography. We like it a lot because of the size and 4K recording power. If you can get a good deal on an older flagship like Galaxy S8 or Note 8 then we recommend buying them if they fit in your budget.
Samsung Galaxy A70
The Galaxy A70 is a mid-range phone from Samsung that provides a brilliant camera, display, and processing power. It has a beautiful shining back with changing colors. There is big battery, fast charging and a good amount of memory and storage capacity. The hardware specs Galaxy A70 are as follows.
- 6.7″ Super AMOLED panel with 1080×2400 screen resolution
- 6 GB RAM and 128 GB onboard storage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Octa-core chipset
- 4500 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- 32 Megapixel f/2.0 front camera (1080p Maximum Video recording resolution)
- 32 Megapixel f/1.7 Wide-angle, 8 Megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide and 5 MP f/2.2 triple cameras at the backside
- 25W Fast charging support
- Price: Rs 47,990
Samsung Galaxy A50
This is one of the best value smartphone for its price. For the price being, it is the company’s best offer. Hardware specifications of A50 are as follows.
- 6.4″ Super AMOLED Display with 1080×2340 screen resolution
- Exynos 9610 octa-core chipset with Mali G72 MP3 GPU
- 4000 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- 4/6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB storage option
- 25 Megapixel f/2.0 front side camera
- 25 MP f/1.7 wide-angle camera, 8 MP f/2.2 ultra-wide sensor and 5 MP f/2.2 depth-sensing camera at rear side
- 15W Fast Charging
- Price: Rs 31,490