Samsung has released Android 5.0.2 update officially for Samsung Galaxy A5. It is available in some region only but you can install it even though the region don’t match. The only thing that should match is Model number. It is firmware flashing process but this won’t void warranty as the firmware are signed by Samsung. You can now update your phone to Android Marshmallow.
First of all you should check you model number by going to the Setting of you mobile and then going to “About Device”. There you will see the model number. Mine is SM-A500H and it can be any number or combination for you. There is SM-A5000, A500F, A500FU etc. Just make sure you are correct about that number.
1) After making sure of the device number, go to Sammobile website and go to firmware section.
2) Enter your model number and confirm it.
3) Download the latest firmware (if for your country better or else any country will work).
4) Download Odin.
5) Download and install Samsung Kies 3.
(All links given below under “Download Links”)
Backup you phones data and contacts. I suggest removing SD card for making sure. Turn off your mobile and open the Odin mode by pressing Volume Down+ Home Button +and Power Button at same time. After that it will ask you for to press volume up to continue and press volume up button. Now follow these steps
6) Connect the USB Cable to mobile and computer.
7) Open Odin and select the firmware by clicking on “AP”
8) Press on start and after 5 minutes it will be done
You can also see the below video if you want more help.
A message saying “Pass” will appear and the device will restart, this will take time and it will optimize all your apps.
This way you can install new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on you Galaxy A5. or any other device. This method is applicable with all the Samsung devices.
Please let us know if any problem arises by email. We’ll fix them ASAP.