Samsung declared that it will provide software support to its phones for two years. This is one of the best policy they have. The Samsung Galaxy A5 2015(Original) came with Android KitKat. It was updated to Lollipop last year and now it has been upgraded to Android Marshmallow. Company updated new manuals that indicated the roll-out for the Galaxy 2015/2014 phones.
We are using Samsung Galaxy A500H to show you the update or flashing process. This smartphone was announced in 2014 and launched in 2015. It doesn’t have NFC or 4G support but other models do. Make sure of your model number. There are various models such as A500F, A500W, A500G etc. Go to settings and find the model in “About Device” at the middle. You can learn from this process and flash other phones.
This firmware flashing doesn’t void any warranty because the binaries are signed from Samsung. Please make a complete backup of all you contacts, contents and information. Do it at your own risk.
- Find your model number from settings and go to Sammobile website at (www.sammobile.com)
- Go to the firmware section and search for your phone.
- Select the latest firmware that shows as Android 6.0.1.
- You can choose any country as long as the model matches. It is best to choose your own country. Please don’t flash firmware of the telecoms.
- Download the firmware and extract the contents.
- Download Kies 3 from Samsung website.
- Install Kies 3 and required USB drivers.
- Download Odin 3 for the Galaxy phone.
Turn off your phone using power button. You can flash you phone as it is, but we recommend doing a factory reset and cleaning cache. Press power up+home+power buttom at same time to do the factory reset.
- When the phone is turned off, press Power button+Home+ Volume down simultaneously to open download mode.
- Connect your computer and mobile using data cable.
- Open Odin and click on AP, then select the extracted firmware that was downloaded previously.
- Wait for checking of the binary.
- Click in “Start”. (Do not disturb the computer, phone or data cable). [Sensitive Period]
- After the flashing is done successfully, it will reset and show “PASS”.
- Remove the cable and let the phone boot up.( First boot takes quite amount of time).
The phone will upgrade the system and optimize old apps.
You can watch the tutorial video to learn as well
Download the files from links given below
If there is any problem, report us in the comments.