There are lots of smartphone manufacturers in Nepal. They manufacture mobiles for different category and range. Most of them target budget and mid range users. But almost all companies have flagship phones. These are the best phones that a company has to offer. Nepali people now have a lot of choices and these our best recommendation for top flagship mobiles to buy in Nepal.
High end phone market is a niche market for selected people. Most Nepali and Indian people don’t buy high end flagship phones. They mostly buy budget range phones or maximum of mid range mobiles. We love that they show interest on all types of phones though.
Many mobile phone companies are now officially established in Nepal. Some have their own office and chain but some work through distributors. Various companies manufacture phone to compete in high end market but only few made to our list.
You maybe already familiar with these companies because they mostly include big players. We made this list by considering price, performance, design and company. There may be surprisingly high priced exclusive luxury phones but not provide good specs. So this is our list of best high end expensive mobile phones to buy in Nepal.
5) Xiaomi Mi6 : Xiaomi rules in making good phones at reasonable price. They are now one of the top mobile phone manufacturers of the world. Mi 6 is available in Nepal for Rs 54,900. Mi6 a high end phone at mid range price. It offers 5.15” FHD display, Snapdragon 835, 6 GB RAM, 64 GB Memory, 3350 mAh battery and dual 12 MP camera at back. There are some cut outs at screen resolution though but it is a great phone that provides your money’s worth.
4) OnePlus 5 : OnePlus has a reputation of making amazing phones are surprising price. They now are in league of other players with their user base. Currently OnePlus 5 costs Rs 59,499 in Nepal. OP5 offers 5.5” 1080p Optic AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 835 chipset, octa core processor, 3300 mAh battery, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage and (16 MP + 20 MP) dual camera setup. Company markets OnePlus 5 as flagship killer and it does have all the features, sensors and powers of top end Android phone. By the way, their increasing price is now creating a pause among fans these days.
3) Huawei P10 Plus : Huawei is a famous telecom market king. Their equipment are used globally and hey also manufacture good phones. Huawei P10 Plus comes at Rs 79,000 in Nepal. It offers 5.5” Quad HD IPS NEO LCD, HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset, octa core processor, 6 GB RAM, 3750 mAh battery and 20 MP +12 MP dual Leica camera at back. The best part of the phone is camera or the optics hardware from Leica.
2) Apple iPhone 7 Plus : No flagship phone list is completed without an iPhone. Apple only makes iPhone which falls under high end category. iPhone 7 Plus comes in different memory variants. The top 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus costs Rs 1,32,000 in Nepal. Apple iPhone 7 Plus has 5.5” Full HD IPS LCD, 3 GB RAM, A10 Fusion Chipset, quad core processor, 2900 mAh battery and dual 12 MP camera at back. This phone takes amazing portrait photo with great bokeh effect. iPhones may have less RAM and low frequency hardware but they perform very smooth and fast.
1) Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus : S8 Plus is currently Samsung’s best offering at Rs 98,900. It has 6.2” Quad HD+ dual edge curved display. Samsung Galaxy S8+ has a beautiful body which encloses 6 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 3500 mAh battery, 12 MP camera and Exynos 8895 or Snapdragon 835 chipset with octa core processor.
All the above listed phones have exceptional hardware and build quality. They have great camera and battery life. These phones have octa-core processor, plenty of RAM for high demand work, multitasking and gaming. Screen quality are also great but comparing to QHD screen of our top ranking phone, FHD lags behind.
Users can shoot at 4K UHD easily with the camera of these mobiles. They take brilliant photographs. All of them have dual camera except S8 Plus. It is going to change when Note 8 is released. All of these phones have almost all sensors like compass, gyroscope, accelerometer etc. We chose S8+ due to its power, design and popularity. Also Samsung has highest number of users in Nepal and many service centers also. Please share your thoughts with us and help improve the list.