Many Nepali smartphone lovers are willing to spend a good amount of money to buy a good smartphone. The spending capacity of the consumer is increasing. People now buy very high tech items and mobiles are one of them. Smartphone has now taken a special place in people lives and people want the best of it. Till this date, Samsung is the biggest player in the Android smartphone market worldwide. They are top in the Nepali market as well. We have listed some best and most advanced products that Samsung has to offer. This is the list with price of High End Samsung mobile phones in Nepal.
Let us start with the best and elite smartphone available in the market. Then we will go down to other members. Samsung mainly offers two phones in high end or flagship section. This includes the S series and Note series. S series is top of the line most popular flagship phone that comes with new improvements and update. It is made for everyone who wants the best premium smartphone. Then there is Note series. Its specialty is S Pen or stylus. Note phones always have S Pen, bigger battery, bigger screen and a lot of improvements. So people who want it all and can use big size mobile prefer Note series.
Samsung also has EMI options for these expensive phones. They have partnerships with different banks for this kind of program. It all shows the love and craze for the best smartphones in Nepalese people. Samsung’s high-end smartphones are known to have leading class display, camera, processor and build quality. This company always sets the bar high for competitors. Let us have a look at the price of these premium smartphones.
Price List of Samsung Flagship Phones
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus||Rs 1,35,000 (256 GB)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10||Rs 1,16,000 (256 GB)|
|Galaxy S10+||Rs 1,54,500 (512 GB), Rs 1,23,500 (128 GB)|
|Samsung Galaxy S10||Rs 1,10,900 (128 GB)|
|Galaxy S10e||Rs 93,900|
|Galaxy Note 9||Rs 1,09,900|
|Galaxy S9+||Rs 92,900 (128 GB), Rs 87,900 (64 GB)|
|Galaxy Note 8||Rs 80,921|
|Galaxy S8+||Rs 79,900|
The Galaxy S10 series is the latest lineup with 3 phones. They all have new display, processor and camera system. There are two Note phones available in the market and they are great for people who like the big form factor and S Pen. These are still few older S series phones like S9+ and S8+ available in the market. Small or normal version as are already discontinued.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
This is the most expensive and advanced S series phone in the Nepali market for 2019. It has three brothers actually and the S10 5G is the top of the line. There is no 5G network or even the initiation of 5G infrastructure development. So it is not coming here anytime soon. Other two brothers are the regular S10 and smaller S10e. All these have the same processor, storage type and memory. The camera configuration, screen, and battery size are different by the way. The specs of Galaxy S10+ are as follows.
- Exynos 9820 Octa-core SoC
- 8 GB RAM and 128/512 GB storage option
- 6.4″ Dynamic AMOLED panel with 1440×3040 screen resolution
- 4100 mAh non-removable Lithium-Ion Battery
- 10 Megapixel f/1.9 and 8 Megapixel f/2.2 cameras at the front side (4K Video recording capability at maximum)
- 12 Megapixel wide angle camera with f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture, 12 Megapixel telephoto camera at f/2.4 and 16 Megapixel ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture at the rear
- 1 TB Micro SD Card support
There are two variants of Galaxy S10+ available in Nepal. The most expensive one comes with 512 GB of storage and has Ceramic back. The normal 128 GB model comes with Gorilla Glass 6 back. There is a difference in strength and quality between them. In comparison to S10 5G, the 5GB model has one additional ToF sensor on both sides. This gives Live focus or portrait on videos as well. ToF or Time of Flight is a 3D depth sensing camera.
Galaxy S10 and S10e
Both of these phones are the smaller versions of this lineup. The Galaxy S10 has a curved screen and same camera like S10+. All other specifications are the same in regular S10 except the hardware given below.
- 6.1″ Dynamic AMOLED screen with 1440×3040 resolution
- 3400 mAh lithium-ion battery
- 10 Megapixel camera with f/1.9 aperture at the front side
- 8 GB RAM with 128/512 GB onboard storage options
There is no 12 GB RAM model on any other phone except the plus model. The battery is 700 mAh smaller which is quite less if we compare the bigger model. The smallest one Galaxy S10e has even more differences. Core hardware are the same except the specs listed below.
- 5.8″ flat Dynamic AMOLED panel at 1080×2280 screen resolution
- 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage
- 12 Megapixel wide angle camera with f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture and 16 Megapixel ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture at the backside.
- 3100 mAH lithium-ion battery
The front camera is the same as in S10. This is the cheapest and smallest phone in the series. It is for people who want the latest hardware in the smallest size possible.
Galaxy Note 9
This is the top end phone of 2018 and it still has a lot to offer. It is, by all means, a very powerful mobile device. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 got a lot of praise from many people and media outlets for having the best design and best hardware. It is one of the most beautiful phones which is almost near to perfect. It brought improved screen, bigger battery and improved S Pen after a long time. The specifications are given below.
- Exynos 9810 SoC with 8 core processor
- 6/8 GB RAM option
- 128/512 GB storage option with 512 GB memory card support
- 6.4 Inches Super AMOLED screen at 1440×2960 resolution
- 4000 mAh battery
- 8 Megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture at the front side
- 12 Megapixel f/1.5-f/2.4 camera and 12 MP f/2.4 telephoto modules as main cameras
This phone has a very big screen with fewer bezels and no notch. The S Pen can also be used as remote for taking photos and doing a presentation. The Samsung Exynos 9810 has a total of 8 cores and they are composed of 2.7 GHz and 1.8 GHz quad-core sets. This setup is very similar to Snapdragon 845. It is a complete entertainment package and powerhouse.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is the same as Note 9 with some changes. There is no S Pen obviously. Screen size is different and the battery is smaller. Except for these parts, everything is the same. So this is also a very good mobile device. These are the different hardware parts in S9+.
- 3500 mAh battery
- 6.2 Inches SAMOLED screen at 1440×2960 resolution
- 6 GB RAM
- 64/128 GB Storage models
We can see that the screen size difference between Note 9 and S9+ isn’t that much. So if you don’t need a style and can work with a bit smaller battery then it is a great phone.
Galaxy Note 8
This phone came about 2 years ago and it can be found in some stores. Mainly online stores are selling these at less price. It is a bit upgraded version of the S8+ actually. In comparison to the S8 Plus, the camera got a significant upgrade. The specs of Note 8 are as follows.
- 6.3 Inches Super AMOLED display with 1440×2960 screen resolution
- Exynos 8895 SoC with 8 core processor (2.3 GHz and 1.7 GHz quad-core sets)
- 6 GB RAM with 64 GB storage as the base variant
- 3300 mAh battery
- 8 Megapixels f/1.7 front selfie camera
- 12 Megapixel f/1.7 and f/2.4 dual camera as main camera set
The 12 MP f/2.4 camera is for depth sensing and Live focus feature. It is the first Samsung flagship phone to feature dual cameras.
This phone has the same hardware set as the bigger brother Note 8 except few parts like screen, camera and battery. Its different specs are given below.
- 6.2 Inches SAMOLED screen
- 3500 mAh battery
- 12 MP f/1.7 main camera at the back
The S8 Plus has a bigger battery than Note of 2018. This is a plus point on this phone so many people might still pick this up. It can still provide very good camera than many other mid-range phones. It has a good price and value in other international markets like the USA.
Conclusion and Advice
Our price of high end Samsung mobile phones in Nepal should give you an idea on the state of the mobile market. Phones are a bit expensive here due to taxes. Samsung does launch phones at a price near to the international market. However, they are very reluctant to decrease it easily. We predict that decreasing of older generation flagship can do better in the market.
We recommend all the above phones listed in this article. All these are for people who want the best quality build and hardware. So, if you are a person, who needs the latest and greatest then pick up Galaxy S10+. Also, go for the S10 if you want a bit smaller phone. Or go for Note 9 if you want a big screen and stylus. We recommend getting the S10e if you want a smaller phone with the fastest processor and a good camera. To save a bit of money and still enjoy the luxury, buy the S9+ or S8+. If you really need a Note device then only buy the last gen Note 8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
These are the specifications of this smartphone.
- Exynos 9810 chipset with 8 core processor
- 6/8 GB RAM and 128 GB/512 storage option with 512 GB memory card support
- 6.4″ SAMOLED Panel with 1440×2960 screen resolution
- 4000 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- 12 MP f/1.5-2.4 Wide Angle + 12 MP f/2.4 telephoto camera at back
- 8 Megapixel f/1.7 Front camera
- Price: Rs 99,900
Note 9 is the current last generation leading phone with S Pen. This comes with new One UI, 4K 60 Fps video recording, good fingerprint sensor, and Iris scanner. According to some feedback, it is one of the most complete and near to perfect phone till now from Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S9+
This phone has the same camera set on both sides, same processor and offers all the best things as Note 9 except S Pen. The S9+ can still give the best run for your money on this date. It is a very capable flagship that many people still like. We get the same chipset, front and back camera. There are only a few differences.
- 6.2″ SAMOLED Display at 1440×2960
- 3500 mAh Battery
- 6 GB RAM with 128 GB storage option only
- Exynos 9810
- 12 Megapixels f/1.5-2.4 Wide Angle + 12 MP f/2.4 telephoto camera at backside
- 8 Megapixel f/1.7 selfie camera
- Price: Rs 92,900 (128 GB), Rs 87,900 (64 GB)