It’s really sad when your device is fried. Sometime a device may break due to a bad software update or other hardware issues. Mostly it occurs due to our experiment on new firmware and other tools. There is less chance for bricking of device naturally. I myself have soft bricked my mobile and tablet many times. But bricking my Allwinner Tablet LUV Pad AD701 was the worst. It took a lot of time to fix the device and it is pretty unique. This guide is to help everyone who is in the path of Unbricking Allwinner Tablet or mobiles.
At first, it is a Japanese tablet that I brought from Japan. Second, there were no dealers in my country. After researching for a few weeks, I found the solution and this is the tutorial to help all of you. There are two types of Bricking i.e. Soft Brick and Hard Brick. Hard brick that requires a resistor combination called Zig to fix. I am dealing with soft brick that can be solved by installing correct firmware.
I bricked my firmware by trying the CWM Recovery tool. After that, the device didn’t boot. My tablet was stuck on boot loop in CWM recovery. I took it to almost all repairing shop in my city but none could solve it. My tablet was just stuck in this screen shown in the picture. After a bit of search, I found the manufacturers original website. This unbricking process can be used for many Chinese and Japanese tablets or mobiles.
Stock Firmware Flashing Process
Thanks to Google Translate I was able to translate Japanese to English and unbrick the tablet. Even the flashing isn’t easy and it requires a special trick. Follow the given steps to unbrick your tablet or phone, in this case, LUV PAD AD701. Note that the given firmware isn’t for other tablets.
1) Find out your model number and the serial number.
2) Download and install Live Suite from the link below the article end. The biggest problem was also finding the flashing application.
3) Download the LUV PAD AD701 firmware from the links below in the article. This firmware is for serial number 77770000-77775099 and 87770000-xxxxxxxx. It almost consists of all serial numbers.
4) Open LiveSuit and load the firmware by selecting it.
5) Make sure that your device is fully charged then keep pressing the back button on top continuously without leaving then keep clicking the power button while you insert the data cable then your light at top will be violet.
6) A message will appear and click OK and proceed to install and format your device.
7) Voila, your device is now rescued. If this firmware doesn’t work you must try other because some firmware might work for some device with similar architecture.
Step 4 is a very tricky one. It was the hardest step to find. After this rescue operation, I learned to never lose hope. I have also explained everything in the video. It makes it easy to learn the button cable trick and the driver installation process.
Further Problem Solving
We found one problem with the latest firmware and that is WiFi. The WiFi is not tuning working. It turns on for a second and turns off automatically. Users will have to use this method to use WiFi.
1) Root the device
2)Install Terminal Emulator
3)Use the following codes:
4)Now go to settings and turn on wifi. Sometime it may get stuck but a restart will do the trick
The permanent way to fix this broken driver is solved now and we have full Android driver fix article. By following this way, users can fix other driver issues as well.
Important Download Links:
Image or Firmware: http://goo.gl/yrglBG
If you have any other suggestions, tips and advice for us then share with us. It is good to experiment with the software but do with care. We hope, this helps you and fix your device. The hardest thing can be finding exact firmware. So try your best to find the manufacturer and other repositories. Sometimes manufacturers may also provide firmware after contacting them.